2008-10-21

New Ice Arena for Edmundston??

When the Edmundston Forum was torn down I was under the impression that it would be replaced by a new ice arena in the multi sport centre. I have the location marked on the ice arena map as "Future Site of New Arena". I had been following the progress of the project on a website - www.notrecentremulti.com - but the website appears to have disappeared. According to the WayBack Machine the website was last "seen" in the fall of 2007. Can anyone help me out with some information on this project? You can leave a comment below or contact me.

Update 2008-10-24:

Hi Bernie,
the project has indeed been put on the back burner, but the new council want to proceed with a new arena as quickly as possible... we're always at the mercy of government subsidies...

Mychèle Poitras
Communications
Ville de / City of Edmundston

No comments: